My name is
|activist, ally, artsy, assertive, BDSM, bear, bear lover, bottom, caring, creative, crip, dog lover, dork, drama queen, extrovert, FTM, female-assigned, friendly, gay, gay-friendly, geek, homo-romantic, intelligent, kinky, liberal, Mr., open, passionate, polyamorous, pro-choice, pro-gay, queer, queer-friendly, radical, romantic, sassy, sir, socialist, submissive, survivor, teh gay, trans-friendly, transgender, transmale, transman, transmasculine, transperson, transqueer|
|Who are you?|
Icon art by the-silence-wears-westwood
“This isn’t your typical love story…” opens the trailer for a movie about a white, heterosexual, cisgender, able-bodied, middle class, and likely loosely Christian couple who find each other through serendipity and a very small amount of actual work.
stupidhuman-shitforbrains said: Can you explain more about why you're against spanking? I agree, I'd just like to hear what you have to say.
- it is hurting someone
- your child, specifically, who should not be hurt by you of all people
- it doesnt work in the long term
- it develops trust issues
- it is reliant on fear, and teaches them to be afraid instead of actually learning what they did and how to self-discipline (i.e., “mommy spanked me when i tried crossing the road by myself, so i shouldn’t do it in front of her so i don’t get spanked” instead of “mommy told me i could get hurt if i cross the road by myself, so i won’t do it”)
- it asserts the ideology of stronger = right, and that because someone hurts you they are correct
- it shows that violence solves issues, which causes your child not only to normalize violence, but to partake in it
- it disregards bodily autonomy (as in people not touching you without your consent)
- it hurts their self-esteem, as well as affects their mental health, and their intelligence
- it becomes a gateway to harsher abuse due to desensitization
- it creates detachment of the parent/child bond
- it normalizes degrading and harmful behavior on the parent’s end
- it continues on the cycle of abuse
- it’s just overall shitty don’t hit someone, especially not someone who is smaller than you, defenseless, and VERY easily affected by it ok just don’t
tries to do things: becomes overridden with anxiety
doesn’t do things: becomes overridden with anxiety
And then you can also have the special hell of having anxiety AND depression.
too anxious to not do anything, too depressed to want to do anything, and it’s own fun civil war of the brain!
Isn’t it a blast?
"A bear is not gonna use communism— I mean capitalism—"
"It’s a communist bear, I’m taking it away from the capitalist society!"
You can do this during Sirrus’ speech to the Stranger during Myst IV and it’s great fun to stare off at other things while he’s pleading with you.
if you had a really terrible phase where you were an offensive little asshole but you know better now i wanna let you know that i’m proud you were able to pull yourself out of that because some people just don’t know when to grow the fuck up but you did